Nick Gerrish Scholarship
Soo Co-op Credit Union is Here to Help You Reach Your Academic Goals!
We're thrilled to announce that SCCU is offering educational scholarships for the 2024-2025 academic year!
Here's the exciting news: THREE (3) deserving students will each be awarded scholarships worth $2,500.00 to support their educational journey. But that's not all! We're also committed to supporting the community, with ONE (1) Bay Mills Community College student scholarship of $1,500.00.
Whether you're pursuing a degree or furthering your education, we're here to lend a helping hand. Education is the key to unlocking endless opportunities, and we want to be part of your success story.
Applicants must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Students must be a member in good standing of Soo Co-op Credit Union. Note: You must be a primary member or a dependent of a member for at least two years.
- The student must be enrolled or will be enrolled as a full-time student, in an accredited college, university, or trade school.
- Proof of enrollment showing 12 credits or more is required.
- The student must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.75.
- Students must attend college, university, or trade school during the school year listed on the scholarship application.
- Applicants must submit an essay on the following topic: "My Goals, My Dreams, and How I Plan to Achieve Them." Essays are to be limited to 300 words.
- Students who have previously received a Nick Gerrish Scholarship may re-apply.
- Applications are available online at www.soocoop.com/ngs
- Must be submitted by June 1, 2024
- Each award will be paid directly to the college, university, or trade school and credited in the recipient's name. (One-half of the scholarship will be distributed per semester).
- Failure to maintain your status at school (including termination from school, dropping out of school, or transferring to another college, university, or trade school) will result in the cancelation of the award and any remaining funds will be returned to the credit union. In some cases, the funds will be redistributed to an alternate applicant.
- Please contact the Member Education Department at (906) 632-5887 or by email at email@example.com.
Failure to complete any of the above items may result in your application not being considered.
ALL APPLICATIONS BECOME THE PROPERTY OF SOO CO-OP CREDIT UNION UPON RECEIPT AND WILL BE DESTROYED FOLLOWING THE APPLICANT REVIEW AND SELECTION PROCESS.