Nick Gerrish Scholarship
Soo Co-op Credit Union is offering educational scholarships for the 2023-2024 academic year. Three (3) scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $2,500.00 each, and one (1) scholarship will be awarded in the amount of $1,500.00 to a Bay Mills Community College student.
Applicants must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Students must be a member in good standing of Soo Co-op Credit Union. Note: You must be a primary member or a dependent of a member for at least two years.
- The student must be enrolled or will be enrolled as a full-time student, in an accredited college, university, or trade school.
- Proof of enrollment showing 12 credits or more is required.
- The student must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.75.
- Students must attend college, university, or trade school during the school year listed on the scholarship application.
- Applicants must submit an essay on the following topic: "My Goals, My Dreams, and How I Plan to Achieve Them." Essays are to be limited to 300 words.
- Students who have previously received a Nick Gerrish Scholarship may re-apply.
- Applications are available online at www.soocoop.com/ngs
- Must be submitted by June 1, 2023
- Each award will be paid directly to the college, university, or trade school and credited in the recipient's name. (One-half of the scholarship will be distributed per semester).
- Failure to maintain your status at school (including termination from school, dropping out of school, or transferring to another college, university, or trade school) will result in the cancelation of the award and any remaining funds will be returned to the credit union. In some cases, the funds will be redistributed to an alternate applicant.
- Please contact the Member Education Department at (906) 632-5887 or by email at email@example.com.
Failure to complete any of the above items may result in your application not being considered.
ALL APPLICATIONS BECOME THE PROPERTY OF SOO CO-OP CREDIT UNION UPON RECEIPT AND WILL BE DESTROYED FOLLOWING THE APPLICANT REVIEW AND SELECTION PROCESS.